Vitamin L is probably not a vitamin you have heard of before. The reason for this is vitamin L is not a vitamin you can get through eating the right foods or from taking capsules. You can’t get vitamin L from the sun’s beautiful rays. Vitamin L stands for “love” and is equally important in our health and well being as the vitamins our bodies need to function.
Love can mean so many different things to different people, but we all know how good it makes us feel inside to know that someone cares about us. I have always found it to be equally important to show your love as much as it is to receive it. It can be those little gestures that mean the most and get us feeling warm all over. Here are some ideas to get you spreading the love (vitamin L) around.
- Send a card to a friend or family member out of the blue to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Smile at a stranger as you walk down the street. Smiles are contagious!
- Don’t let go of a hug so quickly, really take in the embrace and personal contact.
- Cook the favorite meal of someone special in your life.
- Take on a chore that you don’t normally handle at home to help alleviate stress. Maybe it’s taking care of the laundry or picking up the laundry on your way home.
- Shower your kids with some extra encouragement to boost their confidence and remind them how much you love them and how proud you are of them.
Remember it’s the little things that mean the most. Spread the love around and it will come back to you. Love can lift our spirits and help turn our day around.
See the entire vitamin guide: