Everyone knows Jillian Michaels as the butt-kicking, brutally honest trainer on “The Biggest Loser” who can help contestants shed hundreds of pounds. She has a no-nonsense approach to exercise and healthy eating—which she’s written best-selling books about—but she’s really known for getting to the root of why so many of us are overweight and tackling the psychological issues around eating. That’s why I was so excited to get the chance to see her live!
For the second year in a row, Jillian is traveling around the country, speaking to thousands of loyal fans. She launched her Maximize Your Life tour in Denver, Colorado, earlier this month. The experience is described as this: Jillian shows how to harness your potential, kick-start your goals and live an exceptional life—sharing her keys to health, success and happiness. No hype, no false promises: Just results.
Tickets for the Maximize Your Life tour start at $25- and you can get a special VIP ticket for around $175. A VIP ticket includes the best seats in the house and a special meet & greet session with Jillian after the show. If you’re wondering what else you’ll get for the price of a ticket, here’s a few facts about the show and a preview of what Jillian shares with the audience:
• The show is broken down into three different segments, focused on three different topics: Science, Sweat, and Self.
• Jillian’s number one tip for successful weight loss is simply: eat less, move more.
• Follow the 80/20 rule on a daily basis: rather than eating “clean” for six days and binging on day seven.
• Quality is much more important than quantity for exercise. Jillian recommends working out at 85% of your maximum heart rate (MHR) for 30 minutes, five days a week.
• Take two rest days a week to give your muscles time to repair and rebuild.
The largest amount of time during the show is dedication to the Self portion. Jillian believes that being overweight is a direct result of psychological issues and discusses how to face them head on. She inspires the audience with motivational tactics and provides effective methods for problem solving in tough situations. As Jillian says, don’t wait for tomorrow to change something in your life—today is the day to take action.
The tour has 28 stops around the country, ending in Los Angeles on May 17th. Check here to see if Jillian is coming to your town.