- America’s famous obese dauchsand, Obie, has undergone skin removal surgery. “It is a modified tummy tuck,” said the vet, who performed the surgery, to CNN.
- His owner, Nora Vanatta, had the procedure done at a veterinary clinic in Tualatin, Oregon.
- He weighed 77 pounds at his highest, but weighed a leaner 37 pounds at the time of surgery, having lost 40 pounds in eight months. Removing 2.5 pounds of skin has him down just under 35 pounds, and his owner wants him to lose about five more.
- Last fall, Obie was the center of a custody battle between Vanatta and the Oregon Dachshund Rescue group
- Obie’s Facebook page has nearly 90,000 fans. Photos there show Obie recovering, including Vanetta sleeping next to him in the vet’s kennel.
Get More Information: CNN, Obie on Facebook, Idaho Statesman
Looking through the rundown for the 11: can’t wait to see new video of #Obie the dachshund. Love that guy. #liveonk2
— Jennifer Kubus (@JenniferKubus) May 1, 2023
Facebook told mommy that #obie is out of surgery and in recovery. Aroooo! #teamobie
— nathan (@nathan_hotdawg) April 30, 2023
Obie won! Custody battle over obese dachsund featured on the @todayshow is settled. nbcnews.to/SIiV0J via @kgwnews
— John Baiata (@JBaiata) January 24, 2023
4 Fun Ways to Workout with Your Dog
5 Ways to Prevent Loose Skin after Weight Loss
image via Facebook.com/BiggestLoserDoxieEdition