FatSecret Diet Review (UPDATED 2020): Don't Buy Before You Read This!
What is it?
FatSecret is an online resource offering tools and support to help people achieve weight loss. It provides apps so users can determine how their exercise and diet regimen is going.
The intention is to keep people accountable so they’re better able to maintain weight loss. Provided in these apps are diet and exercise tips for results. There’s also mobile apps that can be used on Windows, iPhone, BlackBerry and Android. In reviewing several types of weight loss diets our review experts concluded the best overall is the 18Shake Diet. It’s made up of a potent fat burning diet pill and a meal replacement which suppresses appetite for hours. To discover more about the benefits of the 18Shake Diet, click on the link here.
The apps provide information such as:
- Food diary: To help you determine all the foods you’ve been eating. You can log in what you eat and in what quantities. Some users have said that this is not helpful if you cook foods at home.
- Nutritional information: This includes information about all the kinds of brands, foods, and specific restaurants you visit and what they offer. You can verify the total macro and micronutrient content of all the foods you eat.
- Exercise diary: Makes it easier to keep track on what the total amount of calories you burn is. You can then use this to figure out the amount of calories you’ve burned in a day in comparison to what you’ve eaten.
- Weight chart and journal: Keep updated on fluctuations in weight and how you’re progressing. This is to help track your overall progress, and figure out what you need to add more emphasis on.
- Healthy recipes: Many kinds of recipes are offered to provide specific information on how to cook foods. This includes baked goods, desserts, appetizers, salads, lunch, beverages, side dishes, snacks, and you can also separate the types of foods.
For a list featuring the top ranked weight loss diets reviewing by our experts, click on the link here.
The apps and online support is all free. There’s also an online community where people provide support and insights into their diets. Additional paid services are also offered but are not necessary.
While the support offered can be helpful, this can also be found in multiple other similar resources. It’s yet to be explained what makes FatSecret any better than its competitors.
There’s also no additional help from supplements, all the effort must be placed by the user. This can make it difficult to ever achieve any significant or lasting weight loss results.
The kinds of foods mentioned in the food list include:
- Foods from Trader Joes, Archer Farms, Nestea, Corny, Valio, Solevita, and other brands, restaurants, and grocery stores.
- Sauces, dips, fruits, vegetables, meats, dressings, pre-packaged foods, and much more.
Our experts have crafted a list of the top ranked weight loss diets.
FatSecret Overall Quality
Determining how good this is depends on how much effort one is willing to put in. While there are helpful tools provided, for many this will not amount to weight loss.
It can be difficult to stay motivated and there’s no mention of what can be done to burn fat. The strategy for FatSecret is common sense, and it includes reducing calories, tracking food, and exercising.
With many different similar options available, there’s no reason to select these tools. Click on the link here to see a list of the highest rated weight loss diets.
The Price and Quality of FatSecret
All the tools are free though there are occasional for pay support options. You also have to have internet access to use many of the apps provided. To prevent data charges one should be concerned about using internet access to avoid pricing.
As you’ll see in the “Customer Opinions of FatSecret” section, there were many issues related to the apps functionality. Even though it’s a free app, there were serious issues for some that made it unusable.
Business of FatSecret
The official website offers a contact form as well as a hidden email which is:
Email: [email protected]
They also maintain public profiles so people can provide updated information on their weight loss progress. In their terms and conditions they add:
“Nothing contained in the FatSecret Services should be construed as such advice or diagnosis”
They go on to say:
“information and reports generated by us should not be interpreted as a substitute for physician consultation, evaluation or treatment”
Therefore, any advice provided should only be considered as a general statement, and should not be followed if it seems out of the ordinary. In this link is a list of the highest rated weight loss diets.
Customer Opinions of FatSecret
Provided are some select customer quotes from users:
“many instances where there was a sudden error which made the apps impossible to use”
“keeps freezing up and failing to work”
“I am very frustrated with the way this freezes up. Sometimes it will even stop my entire phone from working and I’ll have to reboot”
“In order to actually use this app you have to give them your private information. I don’t think they need to know this at all”
There were a total of 79 negative reviews from users on Amazon.com for the calorie counter app, as well as the entire FatSecret tools.
Many repeat uses were listed such as:
- The app themselves not working. At times they would freeze and cause either a complete reboot or having to shut off the phone.
- Incompatibility to use this app on all platforms. Whether it was mobile, on a tablet, or on a desktop there were issues with syncing. This made it for some impossible to track their diets on all media.
- Some found it to be not user friendly. People had difficulty using this app and adding in data.
- Users who knew about the TDEE, or total daily energy expenditure, which is the calories the body needs to burn in 24 hours, felt this app was useless.
- People who cooked their own food mentioned that there’s a lack of information about whole foods.
There were many issues people had due to a lack of support from people who represent the company. The most common problem was that the apps often didn’t work, and that it caused them to have to restart their phones. Provided in this link is a list with the highest rated weight loss diets.
Conclusion – Does FatSecret Work?
This free app has a lot of unique offerings, but there were many issues with its use. It’s meant to provide a good source to track overall progress, and to keep one motivated. Customers added how there were constant issues with the app, and that they had to restart the app and reboot their phones. This made it a difficult experience for many, and some found it completely unusable. There’s also a lot of effort on the part of the user in order to secure weight loss.
Our review experts examine any kinds of weight loss diets. In their research they’ve found that the most effective weight loss solution is the 18Shake Diet. It’s made up of an appetite suppressing meal replacement shake and a fat burning diet pill.
Both help to reduce weight via the use of natural ingredients. The fat burner contains a mixture of natural plant extracts with no added stimulants. In the meal replacement shake there’s only wholesome natural ingredients and no colors, preservatives, fillers, binders, or nay unwanted additives.
Discover more information on the 18Shake Diet by visiting the link provided here.