Houston is the largest city in Texas and fourth largest city in the United States with a population of 2.3 million people. The Houston metropolitan consists of nearly six million people, making it the sixth largest in nation.
Houston’s humid subtropical climate is rather brutal if you’re not used to the humidity. The average yearly temperature is around seventy degrees, but the humidity increases the heat index.
Houston is known for its top of the line Texas Medical Center, and the space research done at Johnson Space Center.
Fitness is booming in Houston; check the best gyms in Houston below! (more…)
Oklahoma City is the capitol of Oklahoma and is known for its top livestock market. Oklahoma City is the largest city in Oklahoma with a population of almost 600,000. The metropolitan area population is just over 1.2 million people and it is the eighth largest city in the nation by land area.
Oklahoma City has a humid subtropical climate and the average yearly temperature is around 60 degrees. Fitness in the midwest isn’t as booming as fitness on the coasts, but Oklahoma City does have plenty of elite exercise facilities. Check out the best gyms in Oklahoma City below!
Best Gyms in Oklahoma City:
- Shape Fitness: With six premier locations, you have no excuse not to check out this amazing facility today. This facility offers state of the art fitness equipment, MMA (mixed-martial arts) training facility, open twenty-four hours a day, huge kids play area, and low monthly membership rates. Check out Shape Fitness today! (more…)
Detroit is the largest city in Michigan and is known for its automobile production. Detroit was founded in 1701 and currently has a population of just over 900,000 people. In 1950, Detroit was the fourth largest city in the nation, but currently holds the number eleven spot.
Detroit’s humid continental climate averages between twenty-four degrees in the winter to around seventy-three degrees in the summer. Due to the vast majority of water (Michigan borders five Great Lakes), the average snow fall is around forty inches during the winter. The cold winters make driving rather difficult, thus going to the local gym is tough during the winter months. Check below to see the best gyms in Detroit regardless if it’s winter or summer! (more…)
Phoenix is the state capitol of Arizona and it is the fifth largest city in the nation with a population of 1.6 million people. Phoenix has a subtropical arid climate and the yearly average temperature is around seventy-four degrees. The hottest temperature ever recorded was one hundred and twenty-two degrees in June of 1990.
Phoenix is home to top notch professional sports teams and a few to mention are: Arizona Cardinals (football), Arizona Diamondbacks (baseball), Phoenix Suns (basketball), and the Phoenix Coyotes (ice hockey). Phoenix has also been home to health and fitness for awhile now and below are the best gyms in and around the Phoenix area!
Best Gyms In Phoenix:
- Village Racquet & Health Club: With state of the art facilities across the state of Arizona, this health club is simply amazing. This is the best of the best! For more information visit www.villageclubs.com.
- Pure Fitness: Pure has eleven Valley locations to help you reach your fitness goals. From top notch fitness equipment to the friendly staff; you can’t go wrong with this facility!! (more…)
St. Louis is the second largest city in Missouri with a population of around 400,000 people. The Greater St. Louis population is closing in on nearly three million people; making it the sixteenth largest urban area in the United States. The climate is a combination of a humid subtropical and humid continental with average yearly temperatures of fifty-six degrees. St Louis is home to the famous Gateway Arch and the St Louis Cardinals (baseball), Rams (football), and Blues (hockey). Fitness has also found a home in St. Louis, check out the best gyms in St. Louis below!
Best Gyms In St. Louis:
- St. Louis Fitness Club: This facility has it all; from top of the line fitness equipment to a variety of fitness classes including Crossfit. Monthly memberships range from around twenty-five dollars a month along with free tanning and children. Hurry in today!! (more…)
Washington D.C., the capitol of the United States, was founded in July of 1790. It has a population of nearly 600,000 people and is bordered by both Virginia and Maryland. The D.C. metropolitan population is just over 5.4 million people, making it the eighth largest in the nation. The average yearly temperature is around fifty-eight degrees with close to forty inches of precipitation. The D.C. atmosphere is booming with tradition and is health-conscious as well. Check out the best gyms in Washington D.C. below!
Best Gyms In Washington D.C.:
- Washington Sports Clubs: With over ten facilities in and around the D.C. area, you have no excuse not to exercise today. The WSC is a phenomenal club and has reasonable membership rates as well; thirty dollars for thirty days. Hurry in before the promotion ends!! (more…)
How can you go wrong with Orlando, Florida, home of Disney World, the happiest place on Earth! Millions of tourist visit Orlando each year which helps keep its economy booming.
Orlando has a population of just over 230,000, making it the 82nd largest city in the nation. The greater Orlando population is over two million people, making it the 27th largest metropolitan in the nation. The Orlando climate is a humid subtropical one and the average yearly temperature is around seventy two degrees (oh man, that sounds nice.)
Because of its warm weather, Orlando is a fitness oriented city where a healthy lifestyle is a must. Check out below to find the best gyms in Orlando!! (more…)
Kansas City is the largest city in Missouri, while it is often mistaken for being located in Kansas. Although it does overlap into both Kansas and Missouri; the majority of the city is located in Missouri.
The Kansas City metro consists of a population of over two million people and Kansas City is home to the Kansas City Royals (baseball) and Chiefs (football). It is known for it’s jazz music as well as it’s food, the world famous Kansas City barbecue. Although there is an abundance of fine cuisine, fitness is of top priority for the Kansas City locals. Below are the best gyms in and around the Kansas City area.
- 24 Hour Fitness: This club has eight elite locations to meet your fitness needs. Low monthly memberships make it hard not to join the 24 Hour family. If you’re looking for a amazing and inexpensive place to exercise, this gym is for you. (more…)
Indianapolis is Indiana’s state capitol and it’s largest city with a population of over 800,000 people. Indianapolis is the fourteenth largest city in the nation and the second most populated state capitol following Pheonix, Arizona. It’s climate is often compared to a humid continental climate with hot and humid summers and cold winters. Indianapolis is home to the Indianapolis Colts (football), Indiana Pacers (basketball), Indiana Fever (WNBA), and the Indianapolis 500.
Indianapolis is also home to some premier gyms. Look below to find the best gyms in Indianapolis.
- Lifetime Fitness: Located on Castle Parkway, this facility has pretty much everything. If you are looking for an elite place to exercise, accompanied with a helpful and friendly staff, Lifetime Fitness is for you! (more…)
Denver is the capitol of Colorado, as well as the most populated city, with a population of over 610,000 people. It is known as ‘The Mile High City’ because of its mile high elevation. Denver’s climate consists of four distinct seasons that average around fifty degrees.
Denver is home to the largest airport by land mass in the United States with a grand total of fifty-three square miles of coverage. It is also home to the Denver Broncos (football), Colorado Rockies (baseball), Denver Nuggets (basketball), and the Colorado Avalanche (hockey). Denver is an extremely fit city due to the wide variety of outdoor activities, but for those who want to sweat inside, below are the best gyms that help keep the Denver population at their top fitness levels. (more…)
Dallas is the ninth largest city in the nation and the third largest in Texas. It’s population is around 1.3 million and the economy seems to be doing just fine in today’s world. The Dallas area is home to the Cowboys (football), Mavericks (basketball), Stars (hockey), and Texas Rangers (baseball), all of which are among the top competitors season after season. The Dallas climate is usually a humid, subtropical one, with hot summers and mild winters. Dallas is a great city and is pretty up to date on the fitness industry, as well.
Below are the best gyms in and around the Dallas area:
- Equinox: One of the best gyms in Dallas, as well as the rest of the nation. From booming personal training and fitness classes to top-of-the-line fitness equipment, if you are looking for a great place to exercise and meet new people, this gym is for you! (more…)