We all know that many processed foods are too high in sugar, sodium and fat to be considered healthy, but are there any packaged foods that can provide real nutrients? Good Morning America took a look at Prevention magazine’s 2022 packaged food awards, to highlight some of the better choices when it comes to eating on the run.
Here are a few of the winners:
- Chobani Lemon 0% Greek Yogurt
- Country Choice Organic Instant Oatmeal with Flax
- Sargento Sliced Reduce-Sodium Pepper Jack Cheese
- Applegate Farms Organic Roasted Turkey Breast
- Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles
- Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Littles
- Lucini Rustic Tomato Basil Sauce
- KIND Bars Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio
All these foods taste delicious, and are free of trans-fat and have high nutritional value. Prevention gave the award to 21 foods in total.
What do you think of this list? Are there any healthy packaged foods you would have liked to see included?